HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
“An Act to make further provision for securing the health, safety and welfare of persons at work, for protecting others against risks to health or safety in connection with the activities of persons at work, for controlling the keeping and use and preventing the unlawful acquisition, possession and use of dangerous substances, and for controlling certain emissions into the atmosphere; to make further provision with respect to the employment medical advisory service; to amend the law relating to building regulations, and the Building (Scotland) Act 1959; and for connected purposes”
SATS4U believes in the pursuit of excellence in all its dealings with customers, employees and other bodies. Health and safety is an integral part of this service.
It is the policy of this company to encourage all employees to be aware of their legal responsibilities and to be actively involved in developing a positive and progressive safety culture so that no one is exposed to risks to their health or safety as a result of the way the company conducts its business.
In order to achieve the objectives of this policy SATS4U will comply with all of its legal duties by ensuring that they will:-
* Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment
* Provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities
* Regularly consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
* Put in place effective procedures for evacuation in the case of fire or other emergencies
* Provide the laying down of procedures to be followed in case of an accident, and maintenance of the First Aid Kit, ensuring it is well stocked and replenish as required
* Undertake risk assessments in all areas of the contract, prior to installation (and on a periodic basis)
* Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
* Ensure safe handling and use of substances
* Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees and customer to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their own health and safety on site
* Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training
* Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
* Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
* Ensure that employees comply with all legislation
Every member of staff has a legal duty to co-operate with SATS4U and its Health and Safety requirements, to assist in complying with all its statutory duties. The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from everyone, from members of staff, to customers on site. Each individual also has a legal obligation to take reasonable care
for their health and safety and for the health and safety of people who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
SATS4U Staff are responsible for reporting accidents or hazardous instances in a designated accident/incident book and to attend any training that promotes the health and safety as instructed by the Installation Manager. Staff are responsible for the safekeeping of their own belongings. Visitors to buildings where young and vulnerable people are meeting must provide identification
Policy adopted January 2019
Policy to be reviewed January 2020